Airlines will start operations in un-served and under-served airports in the country from January next under UDAN, the Centre’s ambitious scheme to boost air connectivity on regional routes, Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju said today.
Raju said in Lok Sabha that his Ministry has launched the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) called UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik) scheme on October 21 to provide connectivity to un-served and under-served airports of the country.
“The regional connectivity scheme will be a reality by January 2017,” he said during Question Hour.
The Minister said there are 17 under-served airports and 407 un-served airstrips in the country. The primary objective of RCS is to facilitate/stimulate regional air connectivity by making it affordable.
Raju said promoting affordability of regional air connectivity is envisioned under RCS by supporting airline operators through concessions by the Centre, state governments and airports operators to reduce the cost of airline operations on regional routes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Besides, he said, under RCS, financial support will be provided to meet the gap, if any, between the cost of airline operations and expected revenues on such routes.
RCS-UDAN is a demand-driven scheme, where airline operators undertake assessment of demand on particular routes, he said.