Superstar Shah Rukh Khan is happy that he has survived in the industry and is still a star despite having several flops behind him.
“It has been an amazing journey till now. It is fantastic time to be here,” Shah Rukh said.
The actor said one should not get disturbed by a film’s failure. “I have done 70-80 films out of which 50 per cent are flops, still I am star… but those films are close to me,” the 48-year-old actor said.
Talking about his favourite film, he said, “My favourite film is ‘Paheli’, ‘Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani’. The film that goes a little wrong (kharab) that should be your favourite and you should be proud of these films.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Shah Rukh feels fortunate to be part of Indian cinema at a time when it is going through several changes.
“There are so many wonderful filmmakers and actors who are edgy and want to take risk, chances and take Indian cinema forward, the extent to which Indian cinema has shifted from just being a trend and fad internationally to becoming part and parcel (there),” Shah Rukh said.
“Bollywood was just a cool word earlier and it was all about singing and dancing… now when I travel abroad and talk about Bollywood, there is a sensibility and understanding of different mode of storytelling which is coming out of India.”
Shah Rukh started his acting career with TV shows like ‘Fauji’ and ‘Circus’.
Apart from doing negative roles in films like ‘Darr’, ‘Baazigar’, and ‘Anjaam’ during his early days in Bollywood, he acted in memorable films like ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’, ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’, ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, ‘Devdas’, ‘Swades’, ‘Chak De India’, ‘Chennai Express’ among others.