Filmmaker Karan Johar, whose ambitious project ‘Shuddhi’ was delayed after lead actors Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor walked out, clarified that the ‘Krrish’ actor had not asked for a ‘large profit share’ in the movie.
A leading daily had reported that Hrithik Roshan walked out of the project since he was unhappy with the profit sharing in the film.
However, putting end to rumours, producer-director Karan Johar tweeted: “Article insinuating that Hrithik (Roshan) asked for a large percentage of profit for ‘Shuddhi’ is baseless, untrue and completely uninformed.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Article insinuating that Hrithik asked for a large percentage of profit for #Shuddhi is baseless,untrue and completely uninformed…
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) April 9, 2014
In February, Hrithik Roshan issued a statement saying that he does not want to delay the project as a result was walking out of it.
“Karan Malhotra (director) and I have decided to unite in the most ambitious way post-Shuddhi. For now I cannot allow a vision like Shuddhi to stagnate any further. I had the finest experience an actor can have working with Karan Malhotra in ‘Agneepath’,” Hrithik Roshan said in the statement.
The film got delayed due to Hrithik’s brain surgery following an accident on the sets of ‘Bang Bang’ and then because the actor got busy with the promotions of his home production ‘Krissh 3’.
Soon after, Hrithik Roshan, the film’s lead actress Kareena Kapoor Khan also quit the project. “I don’t know when it will happen. Since one and half years, it has got postponed. I haven’t met Karan Johar and Hrithik is busy doing a movie titled ‘Bang Bang’. Whenever the movie goes to the floors, I will decide whether to do it,” Kareena had said.
Earlier there were speculations that Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone have replaced Hrithik and Kareena in the film. But Karan Johar informed he has not signed anyone for the film yet. The film will be directed by Karan Malhotra of ‘Agneepath’ fame.