Filmmaker Karan Johar, whose ambitious project ‘Shuddhi’ was delayed after lead actors Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor walked out, clarified that the ‘Krrish’ actor had not asked for a ‘large profit share’ in the movie.
A leading daily had reported that Hrithik Roshan walked out of the project since he was unhappy with the profit sharing in the film.
However, putting end to rumours, producer-director Karan Johar tweeted: “Article insinuating that Hrithik (Roshan) asked for a large percentage of profit for ‘Shuddhi’ is baseless, untrue and completely uninformed.”
Article insinuating that Hrithik asked for a large percentage of profit for #Shuddhi is baseless,untrue and completely uninformed…
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) April 9, 2014
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In February, Hrithik Roshan issued a statement saying that he does not want to delay the project as a result was walking out of it.
“Karan Malhotra (director) and I have decided to unite in the most ambitious way post-Shuddhi. For now I cannot allow a vision like Shuddhi to stagnate any further. I had the finest experience an actor can have working with Karan Malhotra in ‘Agneepath’,” Hrithik Roshan said in the statement.
The film got delayed due to Hrithik’s brain surgery following an accident on the sets of ‘Bang Bang’ and then because the actor got busy with the promotions of his home production ‘Krissh 3’.
Soon after, Hrithik Roshan, the film’s lead actress Kareena Kapoor Khan also quit the project. “I don’t know when it will happen. Since one and half years, it has got postponed. I haven’t met Karan Johar and Hrithik is busy doing a movie titled ‘Bang Bang’. Whenever the movie goes to the floors, I will decide whether to do it,” Kareena had said.
Earlier there were speculations that Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone have replaced Hrithik and Kareena in the film. But Karan Johar informed he has not signed anyone for the film yet. The film will be directed by Karan Malhotra of ‘Agneepath’ fame.