The successful Indian surgical strikes against some Pakistani sponsored terrorist launch pads in Pakistan occupied Kashmir were justified to legitimately blunt and demolish the terror infrastructure including the terrorists being trained by Pakistan to cross the Line of Control to cause bloodshed in India. No country worth its name can continue to “strategically” restrain itself for ever or not publicly acknowledge any cross border terror smashing forays undertaken by its military.
We know several such strikes have occurred over the years. This time the Government of India felt it needed to let Pakistan, a well known state sponsor of terror, know the jig was up. The international community needed to understand the limits of Indian patience with the almost pariah state of Pakistan. The government of India needed to further expose and isolate Pakistan internationally. With the resounding international condemnation of Pakistani sponsored terror and the isolation and humiliation the country suffered in the boycott of SAARC and its ultimate cancellation all the important objectives the government set out to achieve were achieved.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Although publicly in denial about the so-called surgical strikes, it was expected that Pakistan and its terrorists would try to strike India again. Baramulla attack may be that or a left over part of the tragic Uri assault. We are yet to know. India has suffered endless attacks by Pakistani terrorists as well by those inspired, trained and financed by it. Unfortunately India can expect and be prepared for more of the same poisonous response from its out of control military while the enfeebled Nawaz Sharif, the Paper President, will continue to issue paper statements.
One fully expected the powerless Pakistani politicians to be irresponsible and irrational in their response to the publicly acknowledged Indian surgical strikes and they didn’t disappoint.
In particular Pakistan’s Defence Minister Khawaja Asif was absolutely off his rocker for threatening nuclear strikes against India.
On the other hand kudos to India’s military and Prime Minister Modi for conducting themselves admirably, with appropriate decorum, although the same can’t be said of India’s Minister of Defence Manohar Parikar. He went on to unnecessarily rub in the insult by arguing that in its denials of the surgical strikes Pakistan was like an anesthetized patient, somewhat confused and bewildered, not completely in touch with reality. In serious endeavours such as military surgical strikes, gloating seems uncivilised. It doesn’t behove the Defence Minister of India, a mature democracy, an ancient and great civilisation to speak in this manner.
Leaders and cabinet ministers of great democratic nations conduct themselves with a certain degree of decorum and dignity. A case in point is the statement of President Obama and the conduct of the entire US Government on the killing of Osama Bin Laden.
Mr Parrikar as a minister of defence of a great country that he undoubtedly loves will do well to ponder this considered view.