German luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz Monday launched the four-wheel drive variant of its popular SUV GLA, priced at Rs 38.51 lakh (ex-showroom, Pune). The launch of all-new GLA 220 d ‘Activity Edition’ marks the introduction of four-wheel drive train in the GLA for the first time in the domestic market, Mercedes-Benz India said in a statement. The company said the GLA ‘Activity Edition’ is its 6th SUV launch and the 9th product in India this year.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Mercedes-Benz’s SUV portfolio witnessed a strong demand since its introduction and grew over 100 per cent in the last couple of years. The GLA was a key addition to our SUV portfolio as it not only generated volumes for us, but also opened the SUV segment to a much younger customer base,” Mercedes-Benz India MD and CEO Roland Folger said.
He said the company has sold over 3,500 units of the GLA since its introduction. The model was launched in India in September 2014.
With the launch of the GLA 220 d Activity Edition, the company expects the volumes to scale even further and add more value to the consumer, he added.
“We are confident that the GLA 220 d 4MATIC Activity Edition will continue Mercedes-Benz’s dominance in the luxury SUV segment in India,” Folger said.