Tata Motors has started taking the bookings for their upcoming compact sedan, Zest. Prospective buyers can book the Zest on the official webpage of Tata Motors by making an advance payment of Rs. 21,000 through credit or debit cards. The Zest is slated to be launched in August, 2014.
As of the day, Tata Motors is taking bookings based on the engine choice only, i.e., customers can choose between a petrol or a diesel engine option for the Zest the time being. Tata Motors will disclose different variants, their features and corresponding prices at a later stage once the car is launched. Once the booking is done and the Zest is launched, customers can visit Tata dealerships for detailed pricing and features of various models, and then choose their preferred variant accordingly.
The Zest will be offered in a choice between a petrol and a diesel engine- in 2 different states of tune. While the petrol model will feature Tata’s in-house designed and developed range of 1.2 litre, turbocharged petrol engine- Revotron, the diesel variants will be powered by the tried and tested 1.3 litre, Fiat-sourced, Multijet diesel engine.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Revotron engine produces 90PS of power output along with a peak torque of 140Nm. The engine comes with three different selectable modes- City, Eco and Sport. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
As good as the Revotron may be though, it’s a known fact that in the entry-level compact sedan segment a diesel engine is likely to bring more volumes for the maker. Working with similar thoughts in mind, Tata Motors will offer the diesel engine in 2 different states of tune in the Zest sedan. During the initial phase, the 1.3 litre Multijet diesel engine will get a variable geometry turbo (VGT) in its working to churn out 90PS of power output and 200Nm of peak torque. A less powerful version of the same engine is also expected. The VGT will be replaced with a fixed geometry turbo under that configuration and the power output for that is rated at 75PS along with 190Nm of torque. Along side a 5-speed manual gearbox, the Zest diesel models will also be available with an AMT gearbox, making it the most affordable diesel automatic in the country when it gets launched.
Tata Zest will be pitched squarely against the Maruti Suzuki’s Swift DZire, Honda Amaze and the Hyundai Xcent.
Powered by gaadi.com