Tata Motors has started taking the bookings for their upcoming compact sedan, Zest. Prospective buyers can book the Zest on the official webpage of Tata Motors by making an advance payment of Rs. 21,000 through credit or debit cards. The Zest is slated to be launched in August, 2014.
As of the day, Tata Motors is taking bookings based on the engine choice only, i.e., customers can choose between a petrol or a diesel engine option for the Zest the time being. Tata Motors will disclose different variants, their features and corresponding prices at a later stage once the car is launched. Once the booking is done and the Zest is launched, customers can visit Tata dealerships for detailed pricing and features of various models, and then choose their preferred variant accordingly.
The Zest will be offered in a choice between a petrol and a diesel engine- in 2 different states of tune. While the petrol model will feature Tata’s in-house designed and developed range of 1.2 litre, turbocharged petrol engine- Revotron, the diesel variants will be powered by the tried and tested 1.3 litre, Fiat-sourced, Multijet diesel engine.
The Revotron engine produces 90PS of power output along with a peak torque of 140Nm. The engine comes with three different selectable modes- City, Eco and Sport. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
As good as the Revotron may be though, it’s a known fact that in the entry-level compact sedan segment a diesel engine is likely to bring more volumes for the maker. Working with similar thoughts in mind, Tata Motors will offer the diesel engine in 2 different states of tune in the Zest sedan. During the initial phase, the 1.3 litre Multijet diesel engine will get a variable geometry turbo (VGT) in its working to churn out 90PS of power output and 200Nm of peak torque. A less powerful version of the same engine is also expected. The VGT will be replaced with a fixed geometry turbo under that configuration and the power output for that is rated at 75PS along with 190Nm of torque. Along side a 5-speed manual gearbox, the Zest diesel models will also be available with an AMT gearbox, making it the most affordable diesel automatic in the country when it gets launched.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Tata Zest will be pitched squarely against the Maruti Suzuki’s Swift DZire, Honda Amaze and the Hyundai Xcent.
Powered by gaadi.com