Porsche has launched its much awaited and all-new SUV, the Macan in the Indian market. This luxury SUV, which the company terms as the world’s first sports car in the compact SUV segment, will be available in two versions as follows:
Macan Turbo: Rs 1,08,98,000
Macan S Diesel: Rs 98,18,000
The Macan follows the footsteps of the brand’s most successful model in the luxury SUV range, the Cayenne – this is sold in India as well.
Commenting on this occasion, Anil Reddi, Director of Porsche India, said: “With the introduction of the Macan, Porsche offers a real sports car in the dynamically growing compact SUV segment for the first time. I have no doubt that this model will be a success for the brand, catering to our youthful customers in the country, who believe in the philosophy of ‘Life, intensified’.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Though it looks like a SUV, during the development stage, Porsche engineers made sure the Macan would set new standards in driving pleasure and will would be possible on both tarmac and off it. A lot of design and performance elements have been picked up from the company’s own sports cars like the 911 and 918 Spyder making sure that the Macan is the most driver oriented performance SUV in the segment.
In India, the Macan is being offered in two engine options. The Macan S diesel comes with a 3.0-litre V6 turbocharged diesel engine that puts out 250PS of power. It has a claimed acceleration run of 0 to 100km/h in just 6.1 seconds with a top speed of 230km/h while also returning a fuel economy of 14.4kmpl as per the European driving cycle.
The more powerful Macan Turbo, that is priced Rs 10.8 lakh over the S Diesel comes with a 3.6-litre V6 biturbo engine that puts out over 400PS of power making this the most powerful petrol-powered vehicle in the segment. It has an acceleration timing of just 4.6 seconds for the 0 to 100km/h run along with a stop speed of 266km/h.
The Macan comes generously equipped as well. This includes the all-wheel drive system, PDK, multi-function sport steering wheel with shift paddles, high-performance audio system and an electrically operated tailgate. The Indian version also includes air suspension system, lighting package, bi-xenon headlamps as well as three-zone climate control.
Powered by gaadi.com