Porsche has launched its much awaited and all-new SUV, the Macan in the Indian market. This luxury SUV, which the company terms as the world’s first sports car in the compact SUV segment, will be available in two versions as follows:
Macan Turbo: Rs 1,08,98,000
Macan S Diesel: Rs 98,18,000
The Macan follows the footsteps of the brand’s most successful model in the luxury SUV range, the Cayenne – this is sold in India as well.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Commenting on this occasion, Anil Reddi, Director of Porsche India, said: “With the introduction of the Macan, Porsche offers a real sports car in the dynamically growing compact SUV segment for the first time. I have no doubt that this model will be a success for the brand, catering to our youthful customers in the country, who believe in the philosophy of ‘Life, intensified’.”
Though it looks like a SUV, during the development stage, Porsche engineers made sure the Macan would set new standards in driving pleasure and will would be possible on both tarmac and off it. A lot of design and performance elements have been picked up from the company’s own sports cars like the 911 and 918 Spyder making sure that the Macan is the most driver oriented performance SUV in the segment.
In India, the Macan is being offered in two engine options. The Macan S diesel comes with a 3.0-litre V6 turbocharged diesel engine that puts out 250PS of power. It has a claimed acceleration run of 0 to 100km/h in just 6.1 seconds with a top speed of 230km/h while also returning a fuel economy of 14.4kmpl as per the European driving cycle.
The more powerful Macan Turbo, that is priced Rs 10.8 lakh over the S Diesel comes with a 3.6-litre V6 biturbo engine that puts out over 400PS of power making this the most powerful petrol-powered vehicle in the segment. It has an acceleration timing of just 4.6 seconds for the 0 to 100km/h run along with a stop speed of 266km/h.
The Macan comes generously equipped as well. This includes the all-wheel drive system, PDK, multi-function sport steering wheel with shift paddles, high-performance audio system and an electrically operated tailgate. The Indian version also includes air suspension system, lighting package, bi-xenon headlamps as well as three-zone climate control.
Powered by gaadi.com