Segment: Premium hatchback
When: September – October 2014
Price: Rs 4.4 – 6.7 lakh
The Swift got a major update in 2011 and continues to be the best-seller in its segment. However, with increasing competition, Maruti is now looking at launching a mild face-lift of the Swift and this should be in showrooms by the festive season. This new model went onto sale in international markets last year itself. Infact, its chief competitor in India, the i20, is also due for launch in its new avatar by early September this year.
The new Swift remains identical to the current one in most ways. However, up front, the car will get L shaped daytime running LEDs in the bumper as well as chrome detailed on the bumper. We are also told by sources that the car will get a new grille along with extra chrome at both the ends. Both wheel caps and alloy wheels will get a redesign and at the rear, new high mounted LED tail-lamp will be offered too. Maruti will also introduce a new color option for the new Swift.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On the inside, the design remains unchanged though in terms of features, the top end Swift might come with cruise control, push button start/stop and may be, rear air-con vents as well. The cabin design looks sporty and goes down well with the overall image of the car.
The new Swift will continue to come with the same engine options that include a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel unit. Both these engines offer excellent performance and good fuel economy. Power and torque figures will remain unchanged though Maruti might just bump up the fuel economy figures to further please new customers. There are strong rumors in the market regarding the availability of AMT option in the Swift petrol but we have our doubts.
Ride and handling of the new Swift will remain unchanged as well though it will continue to lack in terms of rear seat space and boot size, something that is a strong point of the Hyundai i20. The new Swift will continue to come with the same sticker price which should make it good value for money. The current Swift carries a price tag of Rs 4.4 – 5.6 lakh for the petrol range and Rs 5.4 – 6.7 lakh for the diesel models.
(Powered by Gaadi.com)