Indian Motorcycle recently unveiled their latest offering called Indian Scout and with the new model, Indian has made owning its motorcycles a lot affordable. The Scout carries the lowest price tag of all the Indian motorcycles available in the market but looks nothing less than an exquisite piece of art in a museum.
The Scout is priced at Rs. 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and has brought down the starting range of Indian motorcycles immensely giving a tough competition to the Harley-Davidsons. The Indian Motorcycle company revived after hibernating for too long and the name, ‘Scout’ brings back the memories of a machine used to sell in the middle of last century, which would be like the 1950s. The platform of the Scout is developed from ground-up and it is a first all-new platform from the American company in 50 years.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
The Scout carries blend of vintage and modern design. The Scout does not carry as much chrome as the other offerings from Indian brand. The chrome can be only seen on the cylinder heads and crankcase, twin-exhaust among other parts like the handlebars and mirrors. The motorcycle comes with minimal body panels to provide a thunderous look.
Power comes from a 1,131cc V-Twin engine which generates 100 horsepower and 97.7 Nm of torque which goes through a 6-speed manual transmission though a belt-drive to the rear wheel. The Scout is 2,311mm in length and 800 mm in width while the height stands at 1,207 mm in height. The wheelbase measures at 1,562 mm with a dry weight of 253 kg.
The front wheel is mounted on telescopic forks and rear suspension duty is taken care by the dual shocks. Disc brakes of 298 mm are installed both in front and rear but the front gets double piston caliper while the rear has the single piston caliper. The motorcycle comes in four colors – Red, Thunder Black, Thunder Black Smoke and Silver Smoke. The lone Indian Motorcycle dealer located in NCR region has already started taking bookings for the same.
Powered by gaadi.com