Indian Motorcycle recently unveiled their latest offering called Indian Scout and with the new model, Indian has made owning its motorcycles a lot affordable. The Scout carries the lowest price tag of all the Indian motorcycles available in the market but looks nothing less than an exquisite piece of art in a museum.
The Scout is priced at Rs. 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and has brought down the starting range of Indian motorcycles immensely giving a tough competition to the Harley-Davidsons. The Indian Motorcycle company revived after hibernating for too long and the name, ‘Scout’ brings back the memories of a machine used to sell in the middle of last century, which would be like the 1950s. The platform of the Scout is developed from ground-up and it is a first all-new platform from the American company in 50 years.
The Scout carries blend of vintage and modern design. The Scout does not carry as much chrome as the other offerings from Indian brand. The chrome can be only seen on the cylinder heads and crankcase, twin-exhaust among other parts like the handlebars and mirrors. The motorcycle comes with minimal body panels to provide a thunderous look.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Power comes from a 1,131cc V-Twin engine which generates 100 horsepower and 97.7 Nm of torque which goes through a 6-speed manual transmission though a belt-drive to the rear wheel. The Scout is 2,311mm in length and 800 mm in width while the height stands at 1,207 mm in height. The wheelbase measures at 1,562 mm with a dry weight of 253 kg.
The front wheel is mounted on telescopic forks and rear suspension duty is taken care by the dual shocks. Disc brakes of 298 mm are installed both in front and rear but the front gets double piston caliper while the rear has the single piston caliper. The motorcycle comes in four colors – Red, Thunder Black, Thunder Black Smoke and Silver Smoke. The lone Indian Motorcycle dealer located in NCR region has already started taking bookings for the same.
Powered by gaadi.com