Fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions is the way the world of automobiles is moving forward in. Yamaha India has taken a bold step and moved in this direction by recently introducing fuel injected versions of it’s FZ 150cc motorcycles. Termed as 2.0 versions of the FZ and FZ-S these motorcycles also feature cosmetic enhancements to spruce up their appeal.
But first let’s delve into the interesting mechanical changes. For starters, engine capacity has gone down from the earlier 153cc to 149cc. This has resulted in the power output going down from 14PS of maximum power and a maximum torque of 13.6 Nm to 13.1 PS and a maximum torque of 12.8 Nm. The fuel injection system has been tuned for efficiency conscious buyers, which makes a smoother delivery of the fuel into the engine.
Enhancing the overall performance of the engine, the company for the first time has used their Blue Core technology in the FZ v2.0 which it claims will feature 14 per cent improvement in fuel economy. Apart from this, Yamaha has fitted an “Eco Indicator” that lights up when the the machine is ridden in an eco-friendly manner.
The styling changes include- the headlight which is now more sleeker and edgy than the previous version, it gets newly designed exhaust with new two-way split heat shield on it, comes with new sets of decal on the side cowl, headlight as well as on the fuel tank with the version 2.0 labeled on it. Apart from it, now the bike comes with new air scoops which are attached to the fuel tank and adds on the styling of the motorcycle, also it now gets the newly design tandem seat and grab rails with new stylish new rear light and number plate holder.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Talking about the riding aspect of the FZ, the company has provided it with new front and rear suspension settings and have made changes to make the chassis lighter, lowering weight by 3 kilos. The motorcycle also gets new front and rear tires for improved handling stability.
The bike comes at a price tag of Rs. 76,250 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the FZ( Panther Black & Scorching Red) and the FZ-S version is priced at Rs. 78,250 (ex-showroom, Delhi) with the colour options being Astral Blue, Moonwalk White, Cyber Green and Molten Orange.
Powered by Gaadi.com