Fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions is the way the world of automobiles is moving forward in. Yamaha India has taken a bold step and moved in this direction by recently introducing fuel injected versions of it’s FZ 150cc motorcycles. Termed as 2.0 versions of the FZ and FZ-S these motorcycles also feature cosmetic enhancements to spruce up their appeal.
But first let’s delve into the interesting mechanical changes. For starters, engine capacity has gone down from the earlier 153cc to 149cc. This has resulted in the power output going down from 14PS of maximum power and a maximum torque of 13.6 Nm to 13.1 PS and a maximum torque of 12.8 Nm. The fuel injection system has been tuned for efficiency conscious buyers, which makes a smoother delivery of the fuel into the engine.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Enhancing the overall performance of the engine, the company for the first time has used their Blue Core technology in the FZ v2.0 which it claims will feature 14 per cent improvement in fuel economy. Apart from this, Yamaha has fitted an “Eco Indicator” that lights up when the the machine is ridden in an eco-friendly manner.
The styling changes include- the headlight which is now more sleeker and edgy than the previous version, it gets newly designed exhaust with new two-way split heat shield on it, comes with new sets of decal on the side cowl, headlight as well as on the fuel tank with the version 2.0 labeled on it. Apart from it, now the bike comes with new air scoops which are attached to the fuel tank and adds on the styling of the motorcycle, also it now gets the newly design tandem seat and grab rails with new stylish new rear light and number plate holder.
Talking about the riding aspect of the FZ, the company has provided it with new front and rear suspension settings and have made changes to make the chassis lighter, lowering weight by 3 kilos. The motorcycle also gets new front and rear tires for improved handling stability.
The bike comes at a price tag of Rs. 76,250 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the FZ( Panther Black & Scorching Red) and the FZ-S version is priced at Rs. 78,250 (ex-showroom, Delhi) with the colour options being Astral Blue, Moonwalk White, Cyber Green and Molten Orange.
Powered by Gaadi.com