Justice Ranjan Gogoi

Result: 1- 8 out of 14 Article found

Is your case in the 93% or the remaining 7%?

Behind Justice Gogoi’s question is a research by a group of lawyers, who analysed 884 judgments delivered by the Supreme Court in 2014.

SC notice to Centre, states on guidelines to protect NE people

A bench of Chief Justice P Sathasivam and Justice Ranjan Gogoi sought response from the authorities within four weeks on the issue.

Supreme Court declines to hear plea for action against intern

The Supreme Court declined to entertain petition seeking action against woman intern for levelling charges of sexual harassment against A K Ganguly.

SC to hear suspended IAS officer’s plea on snooping row next month

Acceding to the plea,the bench fixed the hearing for the first week of December.

PIL urges SC to do away with ‘my lord’,’your lordship’

Tiwari replied that one of his petitions in the SC was dismissed purely because he did not address the court by those terms.

Fishermen: SC notices to Centre,TN

A Bench of Chief Justice of India P Sathasivam and Justice Ranjan Gogoi sought to know from the governments on how to resolve the issue.

SC agrees to hear plea for Aadhaar order review

The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas,in its application,sought “clarification or modification” of the order.

SC strength goes up to 27 as Justice Gogoi takes oath

Justice Gogoi had taken charge as Punjab and Haryana HC Chief Justice on February 12 last year.

Brahmakumaris celebrates platinum jubilee

To mark the platinum jubilee celebration of its existence the Prajapati Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwavidyalaya organised a cultural programme at Sector 34 mela ground today.

HC sets aside full court order

In a vital and rare development,a division bench of the Punjab and Haryana High Court has set aside an order of the Full Court,on the administrative side,whereby the Full Court had ordered compulsory retirement of a senior Sessions Judge from Haryana.

HC to take decision about PIL on Rathore on April 19

The Punjab and Haryana High Court will decide on April 19 the public interest litigation seeking stringent action against the officials/ authorities responsible for the delay in adjudication of the Ruchika molestation trial and promotion of SPS Rathore to the post of Haryana Director General of Police.

Will strive for speedy,affordable and quality justice: New CJ

Justice Ranjan Gogoi was administered oath as the new Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court by Jagannath Pahadia,Governor of Haryana.

Briefly State

Justice Ranjan Gogoi of the Punjab and Haryana High Court is likely to take oath as the Chief Justice of the High Court this week.

HC questions ‘selective ban’ on appointment of granthis

“If you have the resources to appoint MLAs and teachers,why can you not appoint granthis?”,a division bench comprising Chief Justice Mukul Mudgal and Justice Ranjan Gogoi today questioned the Punjab government.